The Yanco Agricultural High School (YAHS) parents and citizens association (P&C) is an integral aspect of the school. The P&C association organisation liaises with the school and parents on issues or concerns that have been raised within the school year.
The YAHS P&C association meets once a term each year. The Term 1 meeting is the annual general meeting which is held on the first day back each year where all parents have the opportunity to attend the meeting and discuss issues. It is at this meeting that the new office bearers and coordinators for the P&C's subcommittees are elected.
The remaining three meetings held throughout the year are:
- Term 2 – held in May via Teleconference, so all parents can pick up the phone and be involved in the P&C meeting wherever they are.
- Term 3 – held in August via Teleconference also.
- Term 4 – held in November during transition program at YAHS where all parents of new students are able to attend and be introduced to the YAHS P&C association. At this meeting the YAHS P&C association allocates funds back to the school from fundraising events held throughout the year.
Annual fundraising events
Annual fundraising events coordinated by the YAHS P&C association include:
The Beach Carnival is a fantastic day on the banks of the Murrumbidgee River full of fun for the whole family. There are many events for the students to participate in, including beach activities and marching for their sporting houses. Bring along your picnic lunch and wear house colours to support your children.
This event is the major YAHS P&C association fundraising event held for the year and is coordinated by the YAHS P&C association, with the support and assistance of staff and students at school. Activities vary from year to year but may include:
- stalls from local producers.
- sporting houses and year groups have many activities for Gala Day.
- shearing competition
- student art, photography, wood and metal work display.
The Beach Carnival and Gala Day events are traditionally held on the second Friday and Saturday in March annually.
The P&C is also responsible for organising the very popular McCaughey Ball for Year 11 and Year 12 students and their parents held in June each year.
All events help the YAHS P&C association raise some much needed funds to be distributed to assist the school for student welfare and educational aspects that will be of benefit all students at YAHS.
Agenda and minutes
YAHS P&C association agenda's and minutes for all P&C meetings are emailed to parents through the school, so please ensure the school always has your correct email address. The YAHS P&C association also has its own email address email@example.com if you need to contact us.
The YAHS P&C association welcomes all parents and citizens to all meetings and events at Yanco Agricultural High School.